Wednesday, 24 August 2011

It's been a while...

I lost my stitching bug for several months, but it's finally returning. I have started a lovely, unusual chart called 'Lace Up'. I haven't taken a pic of my progress yet, as even though I have stitched a decent amount of it, you really have no idea what it is!

I went away last week for a holiday and took 2 kits with me. One was a blackwork dragon, the other a Dolly Mamas one. I finished the dragon-it's for a girl on my stitching forum that very kindly sent me some aida, threads, needles & card blanks. She wouldn't take any payment for it, as she's unable to stitch any more & was happy it was going to a good home. I posted it off to her today, along with a note of thanks. I can't wait to hear what she thinks of it! Nervous!!!
I got a good chunk of the Dolly Mama kit stitched, but no pic as it's not been unpacked.

Here's the dragon, though...

I plan to stitch the dragon again for Bob. I chose 3 hand dyed fabric pieces which I thought would work with the colours & now he's decided which he prefers. If I remember correctly, I think it's called Mummies Curse (Polstitches fabric)