Saturday 17 April 2010

Golden Gate bridge-all cross stitches finished!

I've finished all the cross stitch now! I need to wash it before adding the back stitch & long stitch.
I am kicking myself about the frames. I found 2 frames which would be ideal for it, but the mount is just slightly too small. If I had known before I had started stitching, I could've missed 3 rows from the top and 3 or 4 from the bottom of the picture and it would fit perfectly. To be fair, I hadn't bought the frames when I first started stitching, so I couldn't have known. Annoying, though! Will probably use the frame, but get a different mount cut. Which frame do you think looks better? Pine or black? (Just folded the fabric into place to give a rough idea how they'd look)

2 comments:

Karan said...

Wow, great going! Both frames would look good, guess it depends on what look you're going for: the pine is more traditional, the black more dramatic/modern. :0)

Ruth_honey said...

Thank you. I think I'm going to frame it in the pine frame. My husband likes that one best too.