Friday 9 April 2010

Tulips finished


I finished stitching this cover kit last week. It took much longer than I thought it would, but the end result looks good. Haven't framed it yet. In fact, I'm gathering quite a stash of unframed cross stitch. That's very naughty of me!
I have dug out some kits from my UFO box. Firstly I tried stitching some more on the motorbike kit that my Mum bought for Bob & I in 1999. Unfortantly, I've lost the threads from it, so I was only able to stitch the black areas. I have contacted PINN about the threads and they have told me they'll send me some more. :-)
For some reason, the bike kit was one that Grandma asked about often. I have no idea why that particular kit stuck in her mind so much, but I hope she's looking down on me when I do finish it. It'll be a tribute to her.
Next I started stitching on the John Clayton 'Golden Gate Bridge' kit that I started before we went out there in 2005. I have done a fair bit of it this week, although I haven't gotten around to taking a photo of it yet. Next update I'll add one...

2 comments:

Karan said...

Very pretty finish. Sounds like good customer service from Pinn. Look forwward to seeing the WIP pics. :0)

Ruth_honey said...

Thank you! I love tulips.
WIP pics are now up. Done a few more hours on it this afternoon, but will leave it a few more days before taking more photos.